Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had one of the Derecho 's about 10+ years ago here.. lost power for nearly 5 days... not near as long a stretch... just tore things down with the winds...
Had on the news that one older man, was killed when a part of a crane fell on the concrete truck he was driving, delivering concrete to a site or something... SO SAD for all the devastation...

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had one of the Derecho 's about 10+ years ago here.. lost power for nearly 5 days... not near as long a stretch... just tore things down with the winds...
Had on the news that one older man, was killed when a part of a crane fell on the concrete truck he was driving, delivering concrete to a site or something... SO SAD for all the devastation...
Derecho you say, I was in an excavator when one hit. I made sure to flip the excavator around and anchor down. I can feel it rock the excavator. I thought the field was on fire when it first started.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Looks like quite the wind... so explain to me why the wind turbines were not turning at all????
Not in operation yet so the brakes were on. I was tasked with burying the junctions of where the wires met that connected tower to tower. I got hired on towards the end of the contract and they canned me for not being fast enough within a week working there. Never again.