Checking-In On Herds - Post Here To Say Hello!

hoog

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We have such a wonderful community here at BYH, but we know life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our herd-loving-friends we haven't seen in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to! :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
This is a clever way to discover the inactive users. Good job.

SpotTheCat

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I forgot about BYH 😅 and the email got tossed into the junk folder 🙄

I now have 3 spoilt, needy, annoying sheep :lol: , chickens, the quail still, 4 dogs :thand the cats. My last angora rabbit past away a few weeks ago, I do want to get another again! Oh, all most forgot the ferrets!
missing one of the dogs
IMG_6630.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

and I also found out recently I am visually impaired, which has been an interesting experience 😆

jarone

Just born
Reaction score
We have such a wonderful community here at BYH, but we know life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our herd-loving-friends we haven't seen in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello, We haven't got any farm animals at this time. I own & operate my own semi truck but would like to get some animals soon! Thanks for checking in!

Jerry

Jillra65

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score

Things have been crazy here. My family has been experiencing a lot with loss of family members and surgeries. My apologies for not being here. I have also been busy, trying to get a new coop and run put together for my chickens and starting a garden. I hope everyone is well!

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Been lurking, off and on. Didn't forget about y'all! ;)

Got Muscovies last year and we're about to have our third clutch hatched out by one of the Mama ducks. Also have a bunch of "extra" eggs that my 11-year-old wants to try out in our new incubator.

Recently found our 3rd dead rat in the duck/chicken area...I'm thinking our drake has been taking care of the pests. Such a good boy!

New chickens this year. Looking forward to eggs.

And I'm negotiating with my almost-15-year-old about getting goats again. Wethers, this time, because I don't have the time to learn to milk anything or deal with pregnant females. But my son misses having goats around and this is the first time he's shown interest in anything besides a computer sooooo... :rolleyes:

Up to 4 cats now, after 11-year-old begged for her own kittens. We also have 2 dogs which I Iove but are also aggravating me to no end because they KEEP digging and creating more areas along the fence line that I have to fix.

Anyway, will be around doing all the goat-y research to refresh my memory. Also need to get my son on here so he can have the knowledge needed for goats.

20240329_110434.jpg

Last edited:

Geralie

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks Nifty for reaching out.
Our farm is always busy and we are still so in love with it and our lifestyle. Hubby still running our small business and I’m still Farm Manager. 😁
We had low rainfall last winter so crop was poor and ended up with half our usual hay supply. We sold some cattle, 16 left, but still have around 60 sheep. We have finally had some rain this week. A nice amount of opening rain. So will be seeding soon. 😊

After losing our beautiful jersey house cow to a snake bite, I bought myself an early Christmas pressie, a day old jersey heifer. Her name is Juliet. She is so gentle and pretty. We love her!

IMG_2190.jpeg
IMG_2173.jpeg
IMG_2159.jpeg
IMG_2156.jpeg

omani

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This past winter we had a couple of mink take out all the lady amherst pheasants I had hatched out that spring, plus the parents. The jerks then took out 28 of 34 chickens.
Just before that, we lost our last doe goat and her brothers got sick all fall and winter. We finally got that under control this spring. So I've had other things on my mind. But I do come back here from time to time without signing in just to check up on what's going with the community.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
HI @Nifty and everyone here at BYH!
I don't visit as often as I should. :caf

@Baymule if there is anything I can do to help your sister let me know!
She is doing good, looking for an apartment until all the paperwork is done and she can buy another house, NOT in a flood plain!

Latest posts