Is my goat going to give birth? What is this? (Urgent, new goat owner)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she's only having the one, she'll push this on out within next few minutes. That's good. Looks like a single 😊. She sure had a big tummy for that ! 🤣

Kid is a cutie and appears a duplicate of mom 🥰

Now, be sure baby nurses. Colostrum is critical. Hey, you did great! Congrats.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
😔Sounds like another kid arrived, stillborn. I'm so very sorry. At least the one survived. Sounds like this doe isn't one you want to breed anymore. This & last kidding had issues for her. Sad. Hoping the remaining kid does well. I've lost some, it's a sad, hard part of breeding. 🫂😢

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
😔Sounds like another kid arrived, stillborn. I'm so very sorry. At least the one survived. Sounds like this doe isn't one you want to breed anymore. This & last kidding had issues for her. Sad. Hoping the remaining kid does well. I've lost some, it's a sad, hard part of breeding. 🫂😢
Agreed, I do not wish to breed her, I want to give her a lifetime of freedom and band the male asap. He’s big though, very big. So hopefully that won’t be too hard. Thank you, I’ll make sure Bambi does amazing. Speaking of which, here’s my beautiful boy all dry with his mama named Dutch! We brought them inside bc it was too cold outside

Attachments

• IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6475.jpeg
    IMG_6475.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 45

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Check his rear end...poop hole only & feel between hind legs for tiny balls bump. Girl, poop hole, just below a 2nd hole with a tiny v on low end. 🤣 Graphic description but, we're clear here.

Assuming one you're going to band is daddy? Ask your breeder you got this one from to band for you -- if close by. She's got the equipment, more than likely. I know I sure do! 😌 Save you buying for 1x use.

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Check his rear end...poop hole only & feel between hind legs for tiny balls bump. Girl, poop hole, just below a 2nd hole with a tiny v on low end. 🤣 Graphic description but, we're clear here.

Assuming one you're going to band is daddy? Ask your breeder you got this one from to band for you -- if close by. She's got the equipment, more than likely. I know I sure do! 😌 Save you buying for 1x use.
I’ll definitely ask her, she should be coming by today
And I’ll try again, and let you know!

Fangeddeer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

Bambis a boy! I figured it out finally haha, took me a bit to find a video on yt about it.
Wanted a girl, but a boy is just fine :celebrate

Latest posts