LGD Colors

LoneOakGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Curious what colors your LGD are. Please post pictures. I saw one that is supposed to be GP/Anatolian that is almost the color of a golden retriever. Any way that's possible?

Timberdoodle

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Curious what colors your LGD are. Please post pictures. I saw one that is supposed to be GP/Anatolian that is almost the color of a golden retriever. Any way that's possible?
As far as Tornjaks go, Thor is White and Sable, an acceptable color. I've seen white and Black, White and Brown/Fawn, Tri-color all three......all acceptable by the breed standard. White with mottling of various color is pretty common for Tornjak.
P1010881a.jpg

P1010876a.jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Anatolian Shepherd has many color varieties. All colors are acceptable.
The Great Pyrenees is white but can have some markings... not to cover more than 1/3 of the body though.
The Pyrenean Mastiff also has a base white color but markings are allowable- no more than 50% of the coat.

A GP/Anatolian can produce a golden color but I would be suspect if it was a "red" golden color. Golden Retrievers can vary in color from honey gold to red gold.

:)

@Timberdoodle - He is a handsome fellow! :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few months ago I had a lady send me some pics and ask me what I thought about her "pick" from a litter of "great Pyrenees" puppies.

I told her the puppies were adorable but not Great Pyrenees.

She said the "breeder" said they were all purebred GP and told her GP's can be born light brown.
:th

I told her GP's are not light brown with black masks. That obviously there was a different daddy in the mix there.
Recommended she not get the pup.:rolleyes:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are two of the pups from the litter that Southern mentioned; and a picture of their dam. The rest of the pups from this litter were white. The previous litter she had 2 blacks and a brown. The dam is an Anatolian/pyr/ovcharka/akbash mix and the sire is a maremma/pyr mix.

People think that the dam is a yellow lab when they first see her.

2013-02-15%2015.18.59.jpg

2013-02-15%2015.22.04.jpg

2014-01-18%2015.31.07.jpg

Latest posts