LGD / Livestock Guardian Dog Breed Page Project (Need Pictures too)

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is my male Kangal, seems he don't like raccoons. His parents were both imported from Africa. I had him flown in when he was 5 weeks young do to the imprinting of this breed.

Attachments

• 2014407171924.jpg
    2014407171924.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 424

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That was before my wife abandoned me and our 3 yr old boy. He now gets to run, first I had to repair a hole the billy made in the chain link fence that other goats followed him through. They even climbed over my 3x6 squared fence like a ladder. There are APBT's on chain spots also, didn't want anybody hurt. Kangal wanted to play but others didn't. Now he is about 125 lbs. and walks the entire fence line guarding, he's my buddy.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Southern, he does. He's my shadow when I'm in his area then wines when I leave. I hope to find him a mate once moved to Texas as he is awesome.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Two days ago Seafu caught a opossum, he knows what don't belong in his area. If he can't get to it he will keep barking at it while watching intently. Then I go to him to see what the alarm is about, praise him for a good job.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
One thing I do before Siafu gets his food had him give me a kiss, but only when I ask him. This reinforces my alpha position to him. He's a primitive breed and use to be listed under rare breeds. I had a CO, but didn't like her moods.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oops, noticed I spelled his name incorrectly on a post. Its Siafu, named him after them painful ants do to the breeds hard bite. Found that out too one day I gave Siafu a deer leg, he bit through it like if it were a cracker.