The journey into the abyss of no return

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got the new brooder box to carry out the last few weeks of the goslings and ducklings to finish out their feathers before being released with the rest of the birds when they get their feathers. Now I got two brooder boxes in the Waddle Wattle Inn and two in the pole barn. What the duck have I got myself into.
Egg count this morning was 15 duck eggs one goose egg and by this even while eating a guinea fowl dropped their first egg!. Oh yeah holy terror coming as the guinea eggs are going to start going in the incubator.
KIMG04033.jpg
KIMG04011.jpg

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Awesome! WTG
Thanks, now hard part is I need more rock back there which requires getting the dump truck back there. Problem is someone before I bought the property decades ago put a fence across my property blocking my way. Now it's up to me to move the half of mile fence and the current fence is so much in disrepair it will just crumble at same time there is about 10 bulls over there that just got let loose this past week.
So it's up to me to pay for a new fence for them, or I could play very dirty and by the book as this is by the book of Montana laws of having to move a fence. I could put it up and not attach it back to current fence that is up, leave a 6 inch gap and that would mean me "fencing them out" as it's in the law books.
Another bad part is decades ago they tore a fence down and dumped it on my property, which means nails and barb wire to run over. As to who did it, never will know as I have to move two property owners fences off my property..

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you in a "fence in" or "fence out" location? That'll make a difference. Of course, the fence in people don't always want to.🫤🥴🙄. And you prob have no animal control there

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So a neighbor put 10 bulls in a field next to you with falling down rotten fence? Will they trample it and come on your place?
Yes they will, as is they run between 10 to 30 horses back here. If they want to run a ATV across your property to get to them there is nothing you can do about it unless you put a fence up.
Are you in a "fence in" or "fence out" location? That'll make a difference. Of course, the fence in people don't always want to.🫤🥴🙄. And you prob have no animal control there
Fence out state and the brand inspector is the animal control unless it's dogs and cats type stuff, then the local sheriff deals with it.