Baymule’s Journal

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
This was on a prepper Reddit yesterday.

The East fork and the West fork of the San Jacinto River.​

Prepping for Tuesday

We live where the two forks come together. Outside of Houston, Texas. During Hurricane Harvey we took 58 inches of rain in the backyard, and although we did not flood, more than 90% of our community did. We are expecting a massive flood due to the rains north of us and the rains we got today. And the rains coming tomorrow and Saturday. The big dams on both rivers are completely open. Our Lake is open too, and it dumps directly into the Gulf of Mexico.
We got 7 inches of rain in 90 minutes this morning.
Of course I'm prepped. But I still went to the grocery store just to see what was going on. Not as much panic buying, and most people were making pretty smart choices. But the flooding is not expected to start until Friday night after dark. People have 24 hours to panic some more.
I labeled my post "prepping for Tuesday." In our area this type of flooding is becoming very commonplace.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This was on a prepper Reddit yesterday.

The East fork and the West fork of the San Jacinto River.​

Prepping for Tuesday

We live where the two forks come together. Outside of Houston, Texas. During Hurricane Harvey we took 58 inches of rain in the backyard, and although we did not flood, more than 90% of our community did. We are expecting a massive flood due to the rains north of us and the rains we got today. And the rains coming tomorrow and Saturday. The big dams on both rivers are completely open. Our Lake is open too, and it dumps directly into the Gulf of Mexico.
We got 7 inches of rain in 90 minutes this morning.
Of course I'm prepped. But I still went to the grocery store just to see what was going on. Not as much panic buying, and most people were making pretty smart choices. But the flooding is not expected to start until Friday night after dark. People have 24 hours to panic some more.
I labeled my post "prepping for Tuesday." In our area this type of flooding is becoming very commonplace.

This guy has a good handle on things. And it is so true.

Could sis rent your son's home or did it sell already?

No, she wouldn’t live in a rural area. Plus she is staying in Conroe. She and I are total opposites. She would curl up her toes and die if she had to live on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Same for me if I had to live in town, or next to town.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
FINALLY the news picked up on the flooding. Damn slanted/late/better than never news.

ABC D Muir gave it about a minute about the flooding, and how it will be getting worse the next two days.
Kinda hard to believe that one of the country’s largest city and outlying areas, in complete disaster, is being ignored by MSM.
Here is a link to channel 13, ABC. Sad videos. People being interviewed who are poor, have lost everything, had no insurance because they couldn’t afford it.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
In my "opinion" there is so much concrete parking lots, roads and structures, that normally this rain would soak in the ground is now running off towards rivers and such flooding as it drains. We try and play mother nature with all these drain systems and such, but in reality haven't a clue. Look towards Mexico City to see what is happening and going to happen.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is my sister being rescued. That picture has hit the associated press and gone out everywhere.

I just talked to her. Her friends have taken her to shop for a few clothes, got a pedicure and was going into a make up store. Pretty feet, pretty face, clean clothes and she is in much happier spirits.

IMG_6530.png