Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
In my "opinion" there is so much concrete parking lots, roads and structures, that normally this rain would soak in the ground is now running off towards rivers and such flooding as it drains. We try and play mother nature with all these drain systems and such, but in reality haven't a clue. Look towards Mexico City to see what is happening and going to happen.

The watershed area where most of the rain fell is rural. Not much concrete. Just extreme amounts of rain in a very short time.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Arms Family Homestead lives in Sulfur, Oklahoma. They got water 6ft high at creek and 4ft deep by their house. They lost a baby goat and a lot of fences are down. Luckily their mom was at their house and in storm shelter with them. The entire town is destroyed.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Watched the video you referred to in a prior post... In relation to Conroe where your sister is, and Livingston where you used to live, where are you located now??? Just to get a general idea of the distances and such....
I’m one hour north west of Livingston. I’m one and half hours north east of Conroe.

Here is a map of East Texas. I’m in the upper part of Trinity County. Conroe is in the middle of Montgomery County. Livingston is in the middle of Polk County.

Houston is in Harris County, just for reference.

IMG_6532.png

I did a map from my house to the park across the street from my sisters house. I take the route through Huntsville. Livingston is on the right of the map.

IMG_6533.png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember Ike, water was up to the power lines is most places. Lost my grandfathers cabin to it, all to be found after the water receded was pylons and hole in the ground as with most places down there. Do I miss Texas, nope it's not home anymore to me.
In Hurricane Ike, we lived a few blocks from downtown Livingston. A huge oak tree fell on the house, had branches poking through ceilings and water raining in the house. Put buckets out. Fortunately I was prepared with essential hurricane supplies. I had baked a pan of brownies before the power went off and had one of those boxes of wine. I ate brownies and drank wine until I no longer cared about the damned hurricane.

Texas is not your home anymore. Texas was your place of raising, Texas was your starting place. Life from there shaped you, both good and bad experiences, teaching you the skills you now possess. You have found your home and the love of your life to share it with.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
In Hurricane Ike, we lived a few blocks from downtown Livingston. A huge oak tree fell on the house, had branches poking through ceilings and water raining in the house. Put buckets out. Fortunately I was prepared with essential hurricane supplies. I had baked a pan of brownies before the power went off and had one of those boxes of wine. I ate brownies and drank wine until I no longer cared about the damned hurricane.

Texas is not your home anymore. Texas was your place of raising, Texas was your starting place. Life from there shaped you, both good and bad experiences, teaching you the skills you now possess. You have found your home and the love of your life to share it with.
Ice check, few cases of beer check, plenty of meat to BBQ check, okay let'er blow we are ready for the hurricane! :lol:
Yeah I lament how long it took to find home, but I look at it as I wouldn't have appreciate it as much if I didn't go through what I went through.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bolivar was wiped off, only a few places remained. My sister said the old local hole in the wall places are gone, corporations bought it all up and chain restaurants and hotels are there now. We used to go ta a friends beach house, a couple of blocks from the water tower. Gone. So much destruction.