Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some rains coming in here for the weekend -- not the flooding type! Now, seems the systems are going to slowly pass over my area for several days, with scattereds possible for Mon thru Thur next week. 🥴 Hmmm. It's dry now, so a decent, old fashioned, afternoon slow rain would be ok. Anyone else remember those? 🤣 No drama, just pleasant rain. Here we are, May -- hurricane season begins soon.

Was 88 here yesterday afternoon, warmer than what used to be norms for now. Weather is so unpredictable now, plus severe. Not just cow poo causing it. 😎 I'm expecting a scorching summer.

Need to get outside. Things to do. 😉

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Cleared up with weather unlike everyone in here with their rain, but come next week we are getting ours which is why I am going to have that well capped off before then. Looking at a week straight of rain and hurricane force winds, calling for 70 to 80 mph on Tuesday.
Sure sign spring is literally blowing in.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning. A snakeless day so far. I did not miss trash pickup thank goodness. Don’t know what I would have done with that lot for another week. Sell to military for bio weapons research possibly. Sprained ankle better but will ache tonight as I have to be on it. Thinking Bluebell and bourbon for dessert. Texans will get reference. Have a good day everyone.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all! Beautiful here currently! Guess it might actually be spring.
Last day of class here, going to workout, study, and run errands after.
Finals are next week, but it's time I start thinking about starting to pack my apartment, or at least go through my extraordinary amount of stuff. Moving next month and again at Christmas, so might try and send some stuff elsewhere.
Y'all have a blessed day!

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning all! Beautiful here currently! Guess it might actually be spring.
Last day of class here, going to workout, study, and run errands after.
Finals are next week, but it's time I start thinking about starting to pack my apartment, or at least go through my extraordinary amount of stuff. Moving next month and again at Christmas, so might try and send some stuff elsewhere.
Y'all have a blessed day!
Glad you’re feeling better.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Thunder and hard rain woke me up at 4:30. Hard storm passed through and supposed to be scattered showers all day.
I was listening to the radio this morning and heard of places north of Houston (I think) got 24" of rain in 48hrs. I was thinking right in my little area we got 24" in the last year. The 4" in the last week was great. Coming home at lunch I noticed the dirt roads are already getting dusty again. Supposed to be getting some rain and storms the next few days. I may want to feed the bee's today to cover them for the next few days.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was listening to the radio this morning and heard of places north of Houston (I think) got 24" of rain in 48hrs. I was thinking right in my little area we got 24" in the last year. The 4" in the last week was great. Coming home at lunch I noticed the dirt roads are already getting dusty again. Supposed to be getting some rain and storms the next few days. I may want to feed the bee's today to cover them for the next few days.

It’s been a wild ride for many in southeast Texas. I’m good. My sister has lost her home as have many others.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some photos from today.

My chicken tractor... yeah... needs some repairs...
20240503_104328.jpg

close up of pond (across from my front door)
20240503_104310.jpg

Pond again. See? Lots of snow is gone..... looks like death and mud... maybe in 2 more weeks and there will be life

20240503_104304.jpg