What should I do with a very aggressive (and getting more aggressive) buck?

EweAreKiddingMe!

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I guess maybe to stop him from butting you and making it hurt so much put pool noodles on his horns like this
Screenshot 2024-04-15 1.26.18 PM.png

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pool noodles can be rubbed off by bucks. If he has horns and you are determined to keep hm, you can have hm dehorned by a vet.

Personally, from what you have told us about his attempts to hurt you in the past, I would send him to the auction with a warning. You are taking a chance with a mean aggressive animal.

EweAreKiddingMe!

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Could you maybe show us a picture of your setup? When is he attacking you? if you get some fencing you could put up one of these feeders(the white thing hanging on the fence) you can just open the lid and pour in the feed for the day we have them because our baby goats have a bad habit of jumping up on me
IMG_1562 (1).jpg

EweAreKiddingMe!

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
On second thought you need to get rid of this billy.If you are using this one to breed your does there is a chance he may pass the crazy gene down to his kids and make more work for everyone.If you dont have a say in whether or not you get rid of him you need to bring this up to the person who can make the decision.Heres a little storytime for you

My grandmother used to breed horses.She had a mare who would pull on the lead rope so hard that she could pull you down,but she had a good colored coat so my grandma bred her and then she had a little colt once that colt was older someone came by my grandmothers house and wanted to buy this colt so she sold him and told them that he was unbroken and they said ok we'll break him and so they took him home and a couple months later she got a call and these people asked if my grandma wanted him back or if they could sell him...you wanna know why they wanted to sell him? Because he pulled soo hard he would drag you through the mud so hard he could pull your shoulder out of its socket.She didn't think it was a recessive gene but it was.